DateMarq is a personalized event discovery application. Other calendars could work well for events, schedules and deadlines that you KNOW about. DateMarq is different because it will send you invites for events, schedules and deadlines that could be important and/or entertaining, BUT are unknown/forgotten.
VND worked with DateMarq to get their app of the ground!
DateMarq required an app with the features of an outstanding time management system, but also with some more unique elements:
- Suggested events lists and event creation
- Automatic invites to new events that you care about
- Membership portal
Available on Android devices, DateMarq has a 5-Star rating on Google Play.
Friedrich Air Conditioning was looking for a way to provide their customers the ability to control their AC units remotely.
VND and Friedrich’s engineering department cooperated extensively over the course of three years to provide a solution with several custom features:
- iOS and Android apps to control your AC on the go
- Energy management programs to minimize your carbon footprint and energy bills
- Custom scheduling options to fit your weekly routine as well as custom groups to manage multiple units at once.
- A set of cross platform desktop tools designed to update firmware on the AC units.
- Custom integration with a proprietary binary based command protocol.
Friedrich’s new program, FriedrichLink, met all of the company’s initial goals and went on to add many more features over the years. Today their website averages over 67,000 visitors a month, and their Kuhl Series is now one of their most successful lines of air conditioners to date.
Grupo Intocable, one of North America’s favorite Tejano bands, needed a site and app to provide up-to-date information about upcoming events, shows, and other promotions.
VND built a custom website, enabled REST based web services and built native apps for iOS and Android which connected to live data on a dedicated web server. VND was able to train the Intocable staff on how to publish new information via WordPress and push notifications out to users who downloaded the apps.
A robust website featuring an online store, a huge media gallery, and even a push notification system, all optimized for use on mobile devices.
Adplotter needed a system that could take a single advertisement and distribute it to hundreds of popular classifieds sites, even if public APIs weren’t available.
VND used two main concepts for the creation of Adplotter’s system:
- A server-side web browser guided by custom algorithms for sites with no APIs
- An ad network API for sites that support REST services
Ad posting success rates as high as 80% and site visits averaging over 20,000 visitors per month.